Summary for Investing in the
Broadway Play Exit Strategy
The play that inspires you to take a chance, have an adventure
The summary below highlights the various aspects involved in bringing a show to Broadway: the play’s synopsis, the Broadway creative team, and the play’s producers. Next, you’re introduced to why invest in a Broadway show with its benefits. And finally, the anticipated Broadway show budget for Exit Strategy, its potential return, and how to participate in this exciting venture.
Synopsis of the play Exit Strategy
Exit Strategy is the story of two elderly residents of a down-at-the-heels old rooming house about to be demolished. They live day-to-day on social security and faded dreams. Then a mysterious stranger appears and offers them the adventure of their lives if they can only muster the courage. Exit Strategy is a play about bravery, second chances, and hope.
These messages resonated with the audiences of the previous Exit Strategy productions. The play ran in Minneapolis in 2008 and at the Los Angeles Falcon Theater in 2009, co-produced by Hollywood’s Garry Marshall and Michael Laskin. Both productions drew rave reviews and full houses. A reviewer in Minneapolis said it was “roguish fun and a groundbreaking comedy.” Likewise, in Los Angeles, a reviewer called it “a real treat, a delightful story, an inspiring drama, highly enjoyable.”
The Creative Team
Bill Semans, co-author of Exit Strategy, has recruited an A team of celebrated Broadway Professionals.
- ♦Director – Sir Michael Lindsay-Hogg’s Broadway credits include: The Normal Heart, Agnes of God (2 years on Broadway and Best Actress Tony),and Whose Life is It Anyway, for which he received a Tony nomination. He recently received a British music video pioneer award – he directed the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, Who, and Simon and Garfunkel. Lindsay-Hogg also provided 60 hours of Beatles’s footage for Peter Jackson’s documentary, The Beatles: Get Back.
- Mr. Semans founded the Tony-nominated Cricket Theater and has produced over 90 plays. He also wrote, co-produced and directed the feature film, Herman USA. Semans also produced the award-winning World War II documentary series, The American Hero and Fighter Aces of World War II.
- Mr. Close, in addition to being a playwright, was theater and music critic for the Minneapolis Star and St. Paul Pioneer Press newspapers and is a retired director of Artspace.
- Bill Semans has a distinguished career as a playwright, director, and theatre executive and development director. He is co-author of Exit Strategy. The WWII films that he and Jeff Hohman produced are available on 8 streaming channels and also distributed internationally.
- Jeff Hohman was co-producer of the feature film, Herman USA, which was released theatrically and on television as well being distributed in more than 30 countries. He is also the co-producer of the World War II documentary series, The American Hero, recipient of eleven major national documentary film awards, including two Telly Awards as Best Documentary Film of the Year.
- Chris Spencer retired from Morgan Stanley as a Vice-President and CFP. During her 27 years there, she also taught continuing education in finance and was a newspaper investment columnist. She ran Art Workshop International for artists, writers, and playwrights in Assisi, Italy, for 9 years and is currently Executive Producer of a TV pilot, Department of One.
- The Exit Strategy team has a proven success record
- Enjoy the fun and excitement being a Broadway insider.
- The positive messages of this play will entertain thousands of theater lovers from around the world.
- As a part of the Broadway launch of this original play, you are building a legacy.
- Your investment has the potential to provide 18 years of royalties.
- After the Exit Strategy script is published, investors collect residuals on any production of Exit Strategy for 18 years. With a timeless message, only 3 actors and one set, it’s expected to be popular with theaters at all levels, which would generate ongoing copyrighted royalties, long after investors’ principal is returned.
- In addition, our Broadway investors receive right of first refusal for additional investment in future productions of Exit Strategy by Walking Path Entertainment, e.g., if there was a future production on the West End of London.
♦Our Preferred Casting Director – Pat McCorkle has cast over 50 Broadway shows, including Driving Miss Daisy, The Glass Menagerie, Amadeus, and Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. She also casts for TV and film and has 18 Artios casting nominations. McCorkle calls Exit Strategy “a caper play,” one with “huge audience potential.”
♦Attorney – Jean Ward, 6-time entertainment lawyer of the year, New York City. She is one of New York’s best-known theatre lawyers, with over 20 years experience representing producers, authors, music publishers and other rights holders, theatre owners, creative personnel, and investors.
Playwrights Bill Semans and Roy Close wrote and produced
Exit Strategy to critical acclaim:
Meet Your Walking Path Entertainment Producers
Like the characters in Exit Strategy, your producers are
“on the adventure of their lives” in bringing this play to Broadway.
Why Invest in Exit Strategy?
If you’ve never invested in Broadway before,
here are some of the benefits for Exit Strategy Investors
♦ There’s complimentary Opening Night and Preview tickets, and party invitations for investors.
♦ You’ll meet the cast, director, playwrights, set designer, and the creative team.
♦ In addition,you will have exclusive invitations to “Company Only” events.
With the caliber of our actors, you might join them at a Tony Awards ceremony.
♦ Investors are invited to attend certain rehearsals and tour the theatre backstage.
♦ You may purchase Special VIP house seats (house best) at regular box office prices.
♦ Special discounted tickets for family and friends may be available.
♦ You’ll be updated on the show’s status and financials.
♦ Associated and co-producers have their name and biography in the Playbill.
♦ Your investment may be part of your legacy, as residuals will accrue for 18 years
Budget & Investment Summary
Two phases of Investment – Front Money & Production
Front money to jump-start the production and contract Broadway professionals is closed. We are now in the second phase – production funding, which includes contracts from celebrity actors and a theatre and need to raise at least:
Projected production budget: $2,987,713 Contingency: $400,000
♦ Partner producers receive their entire investment back before Walking Path Entertainment LLC, our production company, shares in any profits.
♦ After their initial investment is recouped, investors share, based on their percentage, 50% of the net running profits.
♦ We would breakeven on a $3.38 million budget in 11 weeks (based on $103 ticket price and a 947-seat theater), but there are no guarantees. Broadway has had multiple closures during the COVID-19 pandemic and audience attendance in the future is unpredictable.
♦ If a star’s contract is at least 17 weeks (including 3 preview weeks), we would anticipate being profitable before any cast changes.
♦ After recoupment, when investors get their principal returned investors may receive an investment return that increases the longer the play runs.
♦ If the play runs for 6 months, its possible that investor returns might approach 50% – if all the stars align!
Earnings After Broadway
How To Invest in Exit Strategy
♦ Each investment unit is $25,000 and investors may own multiple units.
♦ Also, there are additional financial benefits for major investments, starting at $150,000.
♦ Next, after you express interest, the producers will meet with you and share all pertinent financial and production information.
♦ Lastly, you decide whether to make your investment available immediately for the show’s production. Or you may have your investment held in escrow. In that case, the producers notify you when production is ready to launch and funds are committed. If for any reason the play is not produced, all funds in escrow will be returned to the investors.
♦ The producers expect only one round of financing.
NOTE: This summary is hypothetical, not an actual Exit Strategy example. This does not constitute an offer for or advice regarding the sale, purchase, or transfer or securities; but rather is for general information purposes only. Any offering or related information regarding financial participation in a specific theatrical production can be made only in accordance with offering documents prepared and distributed in accordance with applicable Federal, New York and other state and local laws and regulations. Investors must qualify as accredited or as a sophisticated investor.